Monday, September 3, 2007

My Favorite Songs of the Summer

According to the calendar, Labor Day is the traditional end of Summer. While those of us in LA have a tough time buying into that concept when there's a record heat wave scorching our fare city, I guess I will humor tradition and concede that Summer is indeed coming to a close.

On the bright side, this gives me an opportunity to recap my favorite memories of the Summer by compiling a playlist of all the songs that gravitated to the top of my iPod over the past 3 months or so. There is no special significance for how a paticular selection made the cut, other than each song was a tune that I found myself playing over and over again. Also, some of these bands, such as Bjork, Dinosaur Jr., Hot Chip, Klaxons and Pharoahe Monch, I ended up seeing in person during some point in the Summer. Enjoy!



*Photo courtesy of flickr user Mulling it Over

No comments: