Sunday, September 9, 2007

Video of the Week - Justice: "D.A.N.C.E."

Happy VMA Day!! Oh wait, I forgot, the Video Music Awards stopped being fun and spontaneous years ago. I think I will be watching the season premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm instead of waiting on pins and needles to see if the 'rumors' are true and Britney Spears really is opening the show. I know the suspense is nearly unbearable.

Anyway, since it would be too easy (and lazy) to sit here and write about how much MTV sucks, I will now give MTV some credit for doing something right. Amongst pop chart champions Kanye, JT, Rihanna and Jay-Z, and Beyonce, French electronic due Justice sits as a nominee for Video of the Year. Yes, there's a minuscule chance the video that actually is the best will win the award. Of course, I am not holding my breath, but I am definitely content with Justice merely being nominated. Now, if Britney actually pulls off a flawless performance, then I will concede defeat and admit that Hell is indeed freezing over.

No comments: