Monday, November 12, 2007

Link Roundup - November 12th

Time to see what has been making news across the Internet in the world of music:776121242_8f9bf6d9ea_o

  • OMG, OMG, OMG. Kevin Sheilds reveals a NEW My Bloody Valentine album should be released soon! Now if only those rumors about them headlining the Coachella Music Festival come true then I can finally die in peace. [The Daily Swarm]
  • Prince has taken legal action against a group of fan sites because they use "unauthorized" images of him. I'm sure it is just a vanity thing and it isn't that he hates his fans. [Spinner] . . .or maybe not. [The Daily Swarm]
  • Courtney Love calls Madonna's career "a joke" in an incoherent (surprise) MySpace rant. Isn't there something about a pot kettle and the color black that I am supposed to say? [Rolling Stone]
  • Speaking of trainwrecks, it looks like Britney Spears' new album is bombing at the sales charts. I know, I was shocked too. [TMZ]
  • Great interview with Saul Williams and Trent Reznor where they discuss their new collaboration (the Reznor-produced The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust!) and it's pay-what-you-want price tag. Fun tidbit, Trent reveals he was a former OiNK member! [New York Magazine]
  • There's a new website called SongKick that allows you to comparison shop for concert tickets. If more than 10% of their concert database has non-scalper alternatives to Ticketmaster then I will be shocked. [Wired Listening Post]
  • Coachella 2008 dates were announced!. Let the unsubstantiated lineup rumors begin! FYI, my money is on My Bloody Valentine, Portishead and Aphex Twin to all appear. Woah, I just got dizzy thinking about how awesome that would be. [Coachella.com]

* Photo Credit: flickr user osborne villas

No comments: