Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Bloody Valentine is Reborn!

The day millions of music snobs have hoped and prayed for has finally arrived. . .My Bloody Valentine has announced their first concert dates in over 12 years! The gigs will take place on three nights in late June and early July in London, Manchester and Glasgow and are being promoted by the wonderful folks at All Tomorrow's Parties.

As far as I know, there are no further reunion dates to announce, but I would be shocked if this was all Kevin Sheilds and company has planned up their sleeves. If nothing else, this announcement should fuel countless Coachella Music Festival rumors between now and early/mid-January when the lineup typically is announced. I couldn't help but notice all of the UK dates fall over a month after the scheduled dates of Coachella, which means it still remains highly likely that MBV's first show in 12+ years could be under the desert sky at the Empire Polo Field. If that actually does happen, then you can bet I will be there front and center with a camera in hand and my best pair of earplugs on.

My Bloody Valentine - "I Can See It (But I Can't Feel It)" live from Amsterdam 1989


My Bloody Valentine - "Sue is Fine" live from Amsterdam 1989

No comments: