Saturday, August 9, 2008

Video of the Week - Truckasauras: "Fak!!"

When I was a little kid the WWF (er...sorry...WWE) was probably the most important "sport" in my life. I remember always being disappointed whenever I couldn't convince my parents to pony up the cash to order Wrestlemania on pay-per-view, as if any amount of persuasion on my part would ever convince them to waste money on something so silly.

But when you're a kid it's hard to understand why anyone wouldn't like pro wrestling. I mean, the biggest and strongest "athletes" in the world are risking their lives to beat the hell out of each other, so what's not to love? And what about the buffoonish story lines, staged action, blatant racist overtones, and homo eroticism? My mind was too young and impressionable to process such things.

Thankfully Seattle electronic group Truckasauras made a video that points out how stupid this shit looked back then. This one focuses on the epic "Champion vs. Champion" match between Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI, with lots of clever editing to make all the gay innuendo as blunt as possible. Oh, and there's also a few cameos by Stallone, Travolta and Estevez.



[via Pitchfork.tv]

No comments: